Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Ringed neck Parakeet



avian, bird, image, minimum focus distance, parakeet, photograph, photography, picture, ring necked parakeet, white canon, Not like every morning, today the first being i encountered wasn't a human being. it was an animal. I just opened the door to go brush my teeth, my sink an toothbrush are outside under the open sky, and there outside on the tree was sitting a beautiful parrot. it was a Ring-necked Parakeet. The first thing i did was run back as slowly as i can into my room, get the camera, connect my tele lens, run back again as slowly as i can and finally started taking pictures. The bird was very calm. I got so close to it that i past the lens minimum focusing distance (mfd). Usually the mfd of a tele isn't that close. In my case its around 3 meters but birds tend to get scared from the "white canon", when it's pointing their direction. The parrot was modeling for 10-15 minutes and then just flew back into the mountains. What a beautiful way to start a day, even better than coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment